Last Updated: March 2023
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT CUSTOMERS?
- Information That You Provide: We collect any information that you enter through our Services or give us in any way, such as when you create an account, place an order, sign up to receive our emails, request stylist appointments or interact with us through our customer service channels. For example, you may provide us with your name, email address, phone number, payment information, billing and shipping address, demographic information, and other information you choose to provide.
- Mobile: When you download or use our mobile applications, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information we associate with your account.
HOW DO WE USE CONTACT INFORMATION?
We use your contact information (meaning email address, phone number, and billing and/or shipping address) for the following purposes only:
- We use your email address to help you create, manage, and maintain an account on our Services, and to send you information about products, promotions, surveys, news, and events that we think may interest you;
- We use your billing and shipping address to process and deliver purchases, returns, backorders, etc.; and/or
- We use your email address and phone number to send you security alerts, shipping notifications, and other administrative messages and to provide customer support.
HOW DO WE USE OTHER CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
- Customize our Services and product offerings to suit your needs and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities, and improve our Services and product offerings;
- Record purchases that you have made through our Services;
- Allow you to post comments and communicate with us through our Services, including on our social media pages;
- Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including by identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies.
HOW DO WE SHARE CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
To process any orders that you place with us and to facilitate any returns (Contract)
- We take payment details to process payment for any credit or debit card orders you place with us. We share these details with our chosen payment processors.
- We use your account information plus your chosen delivery address details to; deliver your purchases and keep you informed of their status, and to process any returns including (where appropriate) collecting the item from you.
- Our chosen payment processors may store your payment card details at your request to speed up your checkout in the future (consent).
To provide you with access to an account (Contract)
- To register an account with us we capture information such as your name, contact and delivery information, and a password to protect your account (account information). We use the same information on an ongoing basis to manage and provide secure access to your account, and provide you with the services you request.
To personalise and improve your experience when you shop (Legitimate Interest)
- We keep a record of how you interact with our website and any marketing you are exposed to, we use this data, along with purchase history, demographics, account information and third party information, to show you products and offers from across our brands that we think you will be most interested in and to tailor your experience.
- We use your account information, information on the devices you use to access our sites and your interactions with us to operate personalised features across our websites, apps and communication.
We share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Links to other websites and third parties Our website may include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their websites.
- Google’s Privacy & Terms site: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- Facebook’s Privacy & Terms site: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy?_rdr
- Instagram’s Privacy & Terms site: https://privacycenter.instagram.com/policy
- TikTok’s Privacy & Terms site: https://www.tiktok.com/legal/page/us/privacy-policy/en
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
You may choose to take advantage of some of our additional services, in which case, depending on your choices we may share your data with the following categories of companies to fulfill the services you have asked for:
- Social Media sites (for example if you choose to use a social media account to login to purebrides.co.uk) and other companies approved by you
- Other third party payment providers, when you choose to use their payment services
If you would like to know more about the third-parties we may share personal data with, or how to find out more on how they will use your data, please contact us at the details below.
We do not, and will not, sell any personal data that directly identifies you to any third party. However, we may provide third parties such as our brand partners with information about our customers and their purchases. Before we do so, we will make sure that this information does not identify you, such as by aggregating it, anonymising it or removing personal identifiers from it.
To inform you about products and services that may interest you (Legitimate Interest)
- We use technologies such as cookies within digital marketing networks, ad exchanges and social media networks such as Facebook’s Custom Audience to get relevant marketing messages across to you and other customers. We share aggregated and anonymised information about the customer segments we are interested in reaching with advertising partners, so they can focus on showing adverts to those who are most likely to be interested in our products, services and offers, and to prevent them showing you irrelevant or repetitive advertisements.
- We receive information on how you interact with our adverts and content on third party websites and social media platforms (such as Google, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok) which we use to tailor the information that is displayed to you.
To keep in touch with you (Legitimate Interest)
- When you register for an account and shop with us we will keep you up to date with news of products and services including store events, offers, promotions and sale information - unless you tell us you don’t want us to through unsubscribing using the link in every email that we send to you.
- When we send you communications we use records of how you interact with our website and any other marketing we have sent to you, along with purchase history, to tailor the messages to include information you are most likely to be interested in.
- If you enter or apply for a prize draw or competition we will collect your contact details so that we can inform you if you are a winner (Contract).
To ensure the Website and the services we offer you operate properly (Legitimate Interest)
- We use other cookies and similar technologies to help us understand how you use the site, this allows us to optimise your shopping experience and continually improve our site.
- We gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile) for example your IP address and device type, to ensure the site is secure and works across multiple platforms.
- We use information for logistics planning, demand forecasting, management information, dealing with errors on our site, and general research and development.
To fulfill our legal obligations (Legal obligation)
- We use your data to ensure we comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order, including disclosure to law or tax enforcement agencies and authorities or pursuant to legal proceedings.
- We will share data with regulatory and other official bodies if they make formal requests.
- We will maintain records to meet regulatory and tax requirements.
- We will use your account information to contact you in connection with product recalls or other similar product quality issues and to comply with our legal obligations in connection with the sale of age restricted products.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features on our Services. You may also manage, update and correct the information you provide as part of your online account by logging into your user account.
If you would prefer not to receive marketing emails sent by one of our brands, simply click on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you other types of messages, such as purchase receipts, information about shipments, or emails about your account
The information we collect about you may be transferred to, and accessed from within, the United States and other countries, as permitted by applicable law. These other countries may not offer the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to maintain an adequate level of protection for this information in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please see the “Note to EEA Residents” section below.
NOTICE OF CHANGES
NOTE TO EEA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding our processing of your personal data. Please see the sections below for more details.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only process personal data about in accordance with the following legal basis:
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, by processing your order and delivering the products you purchase;
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, to communicate with you about changes to our Services or legal documents, to prevent fraud, or to provide, protect and improve our products and services;
- If we request your consent to a specific processing activity (such as to send marketing emails), and you provide your consent in the manner indicated; and
- In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.
Data Subject Requests
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that this data be corrected. In certain cases, you may also have the right to request that we erase data we are processing or to restrict or object to certain of our processing activities. You may also have the right to request that we provide you with the personal data you have provided us in a portable form for transmission to another controller’s service. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local data protection authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
If you have any concern about our privacy practices please contact us.
Phone: 01603 625000